Wednesday, December 20, 2006

child labour.. ALRIGHT!

god i'm tired.. i'm bored too.. i just had the son of a mate over for three days.. i used to babysit him when she first popped him out.. now he's fucking 16!!! i left him alone for about 3 hrs and when i got back he'd cleaned out the datto, raked up a wheelbarrow full of brick and mortar chips, moved an entire pile of chimney rubble, cleaned the kitchen and whippersnipped the long dead grass. i wonder if he wants to move in. apparently i will also score some help with the paving too. i'm not used to help. it just feels weird. i offerred him some petty cash for his labour and he said no. i felt like asking why he was being so nice to me. i'm just not used to it. i feel like i've taken PG rated advantage of him. but i'm sure i'll get over it.. i think he's a bit bored on his school holidays and.. well.. help is fucking AWESOME!!!! it almost makes me want to adopt.. wait.. actually no it doesn't really but i don't know what i'm going to do tomorrow when he's not there with my plunger full of industrial strength freshly ground coffee.. placing it, a soup mug, the milk and sugar on the bedside table and tentatively pushing the table right up to my sleeping face so the plunger spout is a centimetre away from my nose.. awww.. he really does know how to wake aunty mara early in the morning without risking involvement in a postal episode.. *sighs happily* child labour rocks..

3 Comments:

Blogger Chanter said...

Steal him... well maybe not.

Sounds like a cool kid. I wish I had a 16yr old waking me up with coffee... did it just get creepy in here?

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg lol

Clearly the government needs to institute a 16 year old slavery policy! "A 16 year old for every home!" I know I'd certainly like someone to do the shopping, or cook, or clean, or maintain my car, or my brother's car, to mow, sign Alice's never ending stream of paperwork, teach Bart how to budget, listen to Barts drunk stories, grind glod. An lastly but not leastly attend Alice's award nights/public demonstrations in lew of actual familial support. :P

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude

I wish I had a kid like that around. Actually... the idea of a 16 year old VOLUNTEERING all those services does sound a bit weird.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home